Whole wheat pancakes can be rubbery, tough, and rather tasteless, but not these! You can get all the “whole wheat” goodness in a pancake that also tastes good!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, freshly ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- Combine dry ingredients stirring with a fork.
- Combine together wet ingredients and whisk.
- Place frying pan over medium heat. Once it is warm, spray lightly with Pam®.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until mixed.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto heated frying pan.
- Allow bubbles to come to surface then turn them over. The molasses and honey will brown quickly so do not let them get too dark.
- Serve with Hungry Jack® Sugar-Free Breakfast Syrup if looking to reduce caloric intake!