I’ve often bought White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies at bakeries, but for some reason I’ve never made them before. Or at least, I’ve never successfully made them before this time!
It’s important to use real white chocolate with cocoa butter in it, not vanilla pieces or white baking bark. My favorite baking white chocolate is the Ghiradelli® White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar. I find that ready-made white chips have more wax in them. Plus, I like the irregular bits of white chocolate that result from hand chopping the baking bar. They lend an artsy texture to the cookies—as do the almonds in addition to the macadamias. Two kinds of nuts is better than one!
I also added Baker’s® Angel Flake® Sweetened Coconut to the recipe to give the cookies a little more more substance and exotic flavor. If you dislike coconut, just omit it, but I hope you don’t. I think the coconut makes the cookies quite heavenly!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup Baker's® Angel Flake® Sweetened Coconut
- 1 ½ cups raw macadamia nuts
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 8 ounces (2 bars) Ghirardelli® White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In electric mixer, whip butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and whip until smooth.
- Combine baking soda and hot water then add to batter.
- Measure out flour by scooping it with a spoon into a measuring cup and leveling it off. Add flour to batter and mix thoroughly.
- Pulse the macadamia nuts and almonds in the food processor until they are in small pieces. Add nuts and coconut to cookie dough and mix.
- Chop the white chocolate bar at diagonals then cut across the diagonal pieces to dice into small pieces. Add to cookie dough and mix well with a large spoon.
- Drop 1-inch balls of dough 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 11 minutes just until golden brown. Cool for four minutes on the cookie sheet. Remove cookies to a cooling rack.