Ever wonder what pasta made with vegetables tastes like? Quite good, actually!
I don’t know who came up with vegetable pasta, but the person was definitely a genius. Using vegetable pasta for salads is a natural consequence of its existence!
Now cherry tomatoes are a wonderful salad addition. They are small and sweet, plus do not overcrowd your bowl.
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- ¼ cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons banana pepper rings, chopped
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 12 ounces (1 box) vegetable spiral pasta
- ¼ cup zesty Italian salad dressing, oil poured off
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- Put chopped onion, sliced black olives, diced red pepper, diced cucumber, chopped banana pepper rings, and sliced tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta 1-2 minutes shorter than cooking time on the box. Drain. Run cold water over the pasta to cool it.
- Add pasta to bowl. Toss vegetables with pasta.
- Drizzle zesty Italian salad dressing over salad. Toss lightly.
- Add cubed cheddar cheese. Stir into salad.