My younger brother likes to eat this salad as a sandwich. I like to eat it on top of pasta.
Since tuna salad is a fish dish, I thought “I Cover the Waterfront” sung by Billie Holiday would be a great fit! The song expresses the longing of a woman waiting for her sailor boyfriend to come back home!
- 3/4 cup Hellmann's® low fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4-1/2 cup sweet relish, according to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon French's® Dijon Honey Mustard
- 6 cans white tuna in water, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 can pineapple slices, drained
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Barilla® Pipette Pasta, cooked al dente, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (optional garnish)
- Put mayonnaise, half-and-half, relish, and mustard in a large bowl. Stir together.
- Add drained tuna, onion, celery, lemon zest, dill weed, and black pepper.
- Cook pasta. Cool slightly by letting stand at room temperature. Do not rinse.
- Put pasta in a bowl, top with tuna salad. Put a half a slice of pineapple, tomato slice, and half a lemon slice at the side of the bowl.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.