Cheese and crackers enter a whole new level when the cheese is gruyere and the crackers are crusty baguette slices. You could substitute another medium to hard cheese for the gruyere.
You can also use these little snack slices of joy as an easy topping on French onion soup. In fact, you could use them as soup toppers for just about any soup!
- 1 baguette, ¼-inch slices
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place baguette slices close together on the foil.
- Slice the gruyere cheese thinly approximately the shape of the baguette slices.
- Place cheese slices on the baguette slices.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes on high.
- You can eat as a snack by itself or dip in French onion soup.