These sweet potato pan fries are so…sweet! And they are pretty simple, too.
They only take a little bit of prep time. I had to add a little kick to the sweetness with cayenne pepper!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Slice the sweet potato into matchstick slices.
- Put the matchstick slices in a sealable quart bag.
- Put onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and olive oil in the sealable bag with the matchstick sweet potatoes slices. Close the bag. Shake the bag to coat the matchstick slices.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Put matchstick sweet potato slices in the frying pan.
- Brown to desired doneness. Turn repeatedly to cook them evenly.