Standing rib roasts are normally really expensive, but this one was on sale! For those Chastons who don’t want turkey on Thanksgiving we usually have ham as well. But this year we changed it up a bit with the standing rib roast!
Here it is ready to put in the oven. It was a crispy, tasty roast when we prepared it the day after Thanksgiving…since we didn’t have time on Thanksgiving!
The rub gave the roast that extra punch!
- 2 tablespoons garlic, granulated
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sage
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary leaves, dried
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all dry ingredients. Crush rosemary when mixing all the dry ingredients together.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix to make a gloppy rub.
- If too dry, add additional tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rub on a standing rib roast on fat part on top, as well as sides. Press rub into fat and meat.