Scalloped corn always reminds me of home. When I was little, it was one of my favorite comfort foods!
I love reminiscing about my childhood because it was filled with joy and fun! I am so grateful for growing up in my family.
This reminiscing reminds me of one of the first jazz CDs I ever owned. On it was “Like Someone in Love” sung by Nancy Wilson. So take a listen and enjoy some scalloped corn! Bring a little bit of childhood into adulthood!
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 8.5-ounce box of corn muffin mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put in mixing bowl in order shown, stirring after each addition.
- Spray a 9” x 13” baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mixture into baking pan, smoothing with a rubber spatula to evenly spread mixture.
- Put filled baking pan in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until set in the middle and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm with a large spoon.