I enjoy pumpkin in just about everything, yet I’ve never tasted a pumpkin cookie I really liked—until now! My mom came up with this flat, mildly spiced pumpkin cookie with a subtly tart glaze today!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, ginger, all-spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 14 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- dash ground cinnamon
- dash ground nutmeg
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all-spice, and cloves in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well with electric mixer.
- Add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. MIx until consistent.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed just until blended thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop cookie dough by teaspoons on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for five minutes. Drizzle glaze over cookies.
- Put all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- If you want a thicker glaze, reduce the amount of apple juice.