I love potato casserole. At the Chaston home, it’s an Easter tradition. I like it anytime of the year!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Boil potatoes with skins on until par cooked. Remove from saucepan and set potatoes aside to cool.
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate cooled potatoes with skins into the glass baking dish.
- In a large, microwaveable bowl, combine butter, sour cream, soup, onion flakes, and cheese by stirring together.
- Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir. Microwave again for 1 minute then stir until the mixture is smooth. The cheese does not need to be completely incorporated but the other ingredients should be mixed together.
- Pour butter mixture over the potatoes and fold into the potatoes until all potatoes are coated.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the top is slightly crispy.
- Serve hot.