I love bread, don’t you? I’ve talked about my love of bread before. Now I have an additional love!
My aunt and uncle are in town and brought with them some wonderful Spanish olive oil and balsamic vinegar for us to try! It is fascinating to see what happens when you put olive oil in a little dish then put balsamic vinegar on top of it. A little pool is created.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil per person
- 1 to 2 teaspoons vinegar per person
- Fresh basil, chopped for garnish
- 1 baguette, in 1-inch slices
- In individual dipping bowls, pour the olive oil.
- Carefully pour the vinegar on top to form a pool.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Dip the baguette into the bowl.
You can also make one large communal bowl instead of having individual bowls.