Meatballs are great to make ahead of time, freeze, and then defrost for a fast dinner. Easy and delicious, possibly even romantic!
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds ground round
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In food processor put chopped onions, bread crumbs, oatmeal and egg. Pulse to process and combine.
- Put ground round, salt, black pepper, basil, oregano, garlic, cayenne pepper, hot pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour onion mixture over meat and spices in the large bowl. Using your hands, mix to get a consistent mixture.
- Shape into 25 meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a large glass baking dish or two small ones. Sides of meatballs can touch slightly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.