As the weather turns colder, it’s the perfect time to pull out all kinds of soups! One of my favorite soups is tomato soup. And you can’t beat homemade tomato soup!
- 2-14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Put tomatoes in a large food processor that can handle liquid. Pulse until tomatoes are pureed. Pour into a large saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, celery, chicken bouillon cube, water, bay leaves, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Simmer over low heat for two hours.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Cool the soup for 30 minutes.
- Put soup in a blender and puree.
- Put soup back into the large saucepan. Add butter. Stir.
- Heat covered over medium heat for 10 minutes.