My favorite comfort dish is ham and noodles. Pasta is a favorite food in the family and I love white sauces of all kinds. So just add a little ham and voila! You have the best dish ever invented!
I needed a little “comfort” after my second day of law school. I’m in for quite a learning curve, but it is exciting!
- 12 ounces wide noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 2 cups skim milk
- Cook noodles a minute less than the directions call for, drain and return to pan.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan, add flour just as it melts and remove from burner.
- Put diced ham in the sauce pan and stir to coat with butter and flour.
- In microwavable container, warm milk for 2 minutes on high.
- Put ham mixture on noodles and stir gently.
- Add milk, stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from burner, cover. Let sit for 5 minutes. Serve.