This is a great way to wake up! Nothing like gingerbread filling the air with wonderful aromas—especially in the morning at home!
- 1 cup bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk, clabbered with 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- In small bowl stir together bran cereal, clabbered skim milk, molasses and applesauce. Set aside.
- In another small bowl combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar with electric mixer until combined. Add egg. Beat until fluffy.
- Alternately add cereal mixture and flour mixture, beating until combined after each addition. Spread in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.