I love guacamole! When I discovered avocados as a teenager—the main ingredient in guacamole—I couldn’t believe what I had been missing!
One downside to guacamole is it tends to quickly turn brown. The solution? Lime juice!
- 1 small roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 avocados
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the ingredients. Don't overmix or the guacamole will lose it's chunkiness.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Guacamole will keep in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
Adapted from a Better Homes and Gardens® recipe.