Eggs and Rice is a favorite morning or brunch dish at the Chaston home. We’ve always use leftover cooked rice from the night before when we made too much for dinner!
So used your saved leftover rice from the night before and listen to “Here’s the Rainy Day” sung by Ella Fitzgerald. After all the first line of the song is “Maybe, I should have saved those leftover dreams…”
- 4 cups Boton® Extra Fancy White Rice, cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Land O' Lakes® Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cabot® Low Fat White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Old El Paso® Medium Thick 'N' Chunky Salsa
- In a medium bowl mix rice, egg, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese until combined.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with Pam®. Cook egg mixture over medium heat, stirring frequently. Egg mixture is done when the egg parts are no longer shiny.
- Serve immediately with salsa.