Did you ever think I would make something from a mix? Here’s a secret: this recipe involves cake mix and instant pudding. Sometimes it is wonderful to create recipes from mixes! Preparation time is shorter!
When buying the cake mix, be sure it doesn’t already have pudding in it. The way to tell is if it just doesn’t say anything on the front about having pudding in it already. Another secret: buy the cheapest white or yellow generic cake mix you can find. Honestly!
- 1 box cake mix, without pudding in the mix
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 boxes (3 ounces each) instant pudding
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. With electric mixer, blend on low speed just until ingredients are combined. Do not over mix.
- Spray 9”x13” baking pan with cooking spray. Spread thick batter to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes just until cake pulls away from sides of pan.