I love spicy food. I also love biscuits. So why not have both together?
These crumbly biscuits are perfect with soup or, of course, alone!
My brief is done! I must admit that for a few days I felt like I didn’t do anything but write that brief! However, it does feel good to know I wrote it! Next is the oral argument … but not yet!
Even though I sometimes feel law school keeps me inside, I have to laugh about studying law! So this song reminds me things won’t always be this way. Take a listen to “Don’t Get Around Much Anymore” sung by Ella Fitzgerald.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper.
- Cut butter into five pieces and blend it into flour mixture with your fingers until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl combine honey, half-and-half cream, and vinegar.
- Add honey mixture to flour mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Knead three times and shape into a 5-inch by 4-inch rectangle.
- Place dough rectangle on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Cut into twelve pieces with a knife—three cuts one direction and four the other direction.
- Separate pieces around the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the top is golden and the dough is cooked in the middle.