Did you remember that tomorrow is St. Patrick’s Day? I already have my “Do Not Pinch” Green shirt set out to wear tomorrow. I even wore green today to be extra safe.
What would St. Patrick’s Day be without corned beef? I love this recipe and the beef comes out tender every time. Tomorrow I’ll have a cabbage recipe to go along with the corned beef!
- 3-4 pounds flat cut boneless corned beef
- 2 teaspoons hot or honey mustard
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crisscross alternating directions, four pieces of aluminum foil between four and five feet long in a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- Remove corned beef from package. Throw away seasoning packet.
- Rinse corned beef then pat dry with paper towels.
- Place corned beef fat side up in the center of the aluminum foil.
- Spread mustard on the top of the corned beef.
- Sprinkle then spread brown sugar over mustard.
- Sprinkle cloves over the brown sugar.
- Alternating, fold and crinkle the foil over the corned beef leaving some room over the top and a little at the sides and ends.
- Bake for 3 hours or until a fork can be inserted into the meat easily. Remove from oven and open foil then roll it down to the sides so the top of the roast is exposed.
- Turn the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until the top is caramelized and crunchy to suit your taste.
- Remove from oven and let roast sit for 15 minutes.
- Put roast on a cutting board. Slice against the grain.