This recipe is a very old family recipe that I recently rediscovered. It’s tried and true! I don’t know how this recipe got lost, but it’s going to be a favorite again!
Once you find a great recipe, you have to make sure you hold onto it. That thought reminded me of “A Good Man is Hard to Find” sung by Bessie Smith.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup red pepper, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) kernel corn
- 1½ cups white cheddar or hot pepper cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Dice cooked chicken. Dice onion and red pepper. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, soup, water, cumin, and chili powder. Drain corn and add to soup mixture.
- Grate cheese and add to soup mixture. Add onion, red pepper, and corn. Stir.
- Spray 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put ½ cup chicken filling in middle of each tortilla. Tuck one edge under filling then roll tortilla tightly.
- Put rolled enchiladas in dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.