I don’t drink coffee but I do love a tasty coffee cake! It’s not only a wonderful breakfast treat, but it’s also great to snack on.
This is a rediscovered old family recipe. I don’t know how I forgot about it, but it won’t soon be forgotten again!
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup pecans
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and sour cream. Stir.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to butter mixture.
- Spray a 9-inch round pan with cooking spray. Put half of batter in pan.
- Chop nuts. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture over batter in pan. Drop remaining dough by teaspoonfuls, then spread to connect dough.
- Sprinkle with remaining half brown sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until done.