Birthdays in my family are special and this weekend is my brother’s birthday so we have been celebrating for several days already! One of his favorite cookies is snickerdoodles. So I made them today!
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and flour together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Mix 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar together to make coating. Put coating on
- a plate.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar coating. Place on parchment paper
- lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cracks in the middle of each cookie are no longer shiny.
- Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheets for 8 minutes. With a cookie spatula,
- remove to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Store in an air-tight container or resealable freezer bag in the freezer.