If you love cornmeal, you’ll love these hearty biscuits! That flavor is livened up with just a little touch of honey.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees,
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine honey, sour cream and milk.
- Cut the cold butter into chunks and quickly press them into the flour mixture making a roughly blended mixture.
- Add honey mixture and stir with a fork.
- Pat into a square 1 inch thick and cut with a knife into 9 biscuits.
- Place on parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and done.
- Remove and cool briefly then serve with butter or honey.