Rice Krispies® Treats are simple to make. Our family recipe is a variation on the standard recipe. You might not think it would make that much of a difference, but it does!
Rice Krispies® Treats made the Chaston way are the gooiest, most flavorful ones I’ve ever eaten! Try this recipe. You won’t be sorry! Erik even took them to his final project presentation for a business innovations class today. They were a hit!
Today’s song is a bit of a stretch. When I don’t associate rice with food, I think of weddings. And when I think of weddings I think, naturally, of love. So here’s Etta James singing her classic “At Last.” I love rice for food and at weddings…and in the Chaston Rice Krispies® Treats!
- 4 Tablespoons Land O'Lakes® butter
- 16-ounce (1 bag) Jet-Puffed® Miniature Marshmallows
- 5-6 cups Rice Krispies® Cereal (brand name)
- In microwave safe glass bowl, melt butter for about 15 seconds. Do not completely melt or boil the butter.
- Add marshmallows to butter. Heat for 30 seconds and stir marshmallows and butter together as much as possible. Heat again for 15 seconds and stir until very smooth! Marshmallows will keep melting as you stir to get the mixture smooth.
- Pour 5 cups of Rice Krispies® into marshmallow bowl, stirring to combine. Make sure Rice Krispies® are coated. Add last cup if mixture is too gooey!
- Put parchment paper in 9 x 13 pan. Spray with Pam®.
- Dump mixture into pan.
- Spray hands with Pam® and gently push down to even out surface.
- Let set. Cut into 15 pieces.