Have you ever felt like a situation or event takes over your life? I have.
Okay, so sometimes law school takes over my life. But does it really? When I stop to think rationally about my life, I realize that law school hasn’t taken over my life–law school has enriched my life.
Two years ago I hadn’t even considered going to law school. Now, I can’t imagine my life without law school. And that’s a good thing.
So for all the good things in life, I count pizza to be among them. Honestly, who doesn’t love pizza? This pizza is especially good.
And for good things, how about good music? Not just any good music, but “It’s a Good Day” sung by the great Peggy Lee. Isn’t life good?
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- ½ cup dried tomato slices
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- 1½ cups baby spinach, fresh, divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning herbs
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a sealable plastic food container, put water, yeast and sugar.
- Let yeast grow for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and flour.
- Stir with a fork until it is a moist ball of dough.
- Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a large, dark colored baking sheet, spread to the edges 1 tablespoon of olive oil with your hands.
- Turn dough out onto oiled pan.
- Using your already oiled hands, gently spread into a 12-inch square. If needed put a little more olive oil on your hands.
- Once dough is thinly spread, drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over it and spread to the edges.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium bowl. Put chicken and dried tomatoes in the olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Spread half of the mozzarella cheese over the dough.
- Lay the spinach over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan and feta cheese over the spinach.
- Spread the chicken and dried tomato slices over the feta cheese.
- Scatter the onions over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chives, Italian seasoning herbs, and red pepper flakes over the onions.
- Spread the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the herbs.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes depending on how crispy you want the crust.