Have you ever felt like a situation or event takes over your life? I have.
Okay, so sometimes law school takes over my life. But does it really? When I stop to think rationally about my life, I realize that law school hasn’t taken over my life–law school has enriched my life.
Two years ago I hadn’t even considered going to law school. Now, I can’t imagine my life without law school. And that’s a good thing.
So for all the good things in life, I count pizza to be among them. Honestly, who doesn’t love pizza? This pizza is especially good.
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- ½ cup dried tomato slices
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, grated, divided
- 1½ cups baby spinach, fresh, divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning herbs
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a sealable plastic food container, put water, yeast and sugar.
- Let yeast grow for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and flour.
- Stir with a fork until it is a moist ball of dough.
- Let rise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- On a large, dark colored baking sheet, spread to the edges 1 tablespoon of olive oil with your hands.
- Turn dough out onto oiled pan.
- Using your already oiled hands, gently spread into a 12-inch square. If needed put a little more olive oil on your hands.
- Once dough is thinly spread, drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over it and spread to the edges.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium bowl. Put chicken and dried tomatoes in the olive oil and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Spread half of the mozzarella cheese over the dough.
- Lay the spinach over the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan and feta cheese over the spinach.
- Spread the chicken and dried tomato slices over the feta cheese.
- Scatter the onions over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chives, Italian seasoning herbs, and red pepper flakes over the onions.
- Spread the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the herbs.
- Drizzle remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the pizza.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes depending on how crispy you want the crust.