Today is a day for something new! How would you like to try out a little Thai peanut sauce? If you love peanuts, you will probably love this sauce. I do love peanuts.
- 1¼ cup water
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup honey roasted dry roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except peanuts and coconut flakes in a large sauce pan. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add peanuts. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken breast into cubes. Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium-high heat. Saute chicken cubes just until they are cooked.
- Add chicken to peanut sauce.
- Serve over rice or udon noodles. Prepare rice or udon noodles according to package directions.