Sweet rolls are just so…sweet! I love the aroma when they bake is wonderful!
This sweet roll dough is versatile in that you can put just about any filling in them, including orange (my personal favorite).
So keep that sweet theme by listening to “Sweet Sue-Just You” sung by Chet Baker.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, put eggs, sugar, and butter. Whip with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture, milk, salt and 2 ½ cups flour. Mix on low with electric mixture until well mixed.
- Add remaining flour and stir with a large spoon to incorporate flour into the dough.
- Knead lightly to form a ball.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 90 minutes or until double.
- Use dough to make sweet rolls or orange rolls.