Sweet rolls are just so…sweet! I love the aroma when they bake is wonderful!
This sweet roll dough is versatile in that you can put just about any filling in them, including orange (my personal favorite).
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, put eggs, sugar, and butter. Whip with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add yeast mixture, milk, salt and 2 ½ cups flour. Mix on low with electric mixture until well mixed.
- Add remaining flour and stir with a large spoon to incorporate flour into the dough.
- Knead lightly to form a ball.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place to rise for 90 minutes or until double.
- Use dough to make sweet rolls or orange rolls.