Today was a good Monday! And what makes a Monday–or any day for that matter–an even better day? Sweet Potato Oven Fries!
Similar to Sweet Potato Pan Fries, these are a fun variation for a Monday.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Slice the sweet potato into long slabs.
- Put the sweet potato slabs in a sealable quart bag.
- Put onion powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and olive oil in the sealable bag with the sweet potato strips. Close the bag. Shake the bag to coat the sweet potato strips. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potato slabs on the baking pan without touching each other.
- Bake for fifteen minutes, turning them every five minutes.
- At the end of the 15 minutes, sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the sweet potato slabs. Bake for one minute longer. The black edges have a caramelized flavor rather than a burned flavor. Some slabs will be crispy and some will be soft on the inside. The variation makes for a tasty treat.