Okay, these are really charbroiled steaks even if at first they are not discernible!
I really love spicy hot food! I’m well known in the Chaston family for pulling out the spice jars of red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. But I continue to make spicy rub! When I eat the spicy rub, I feel as if I have a fever! Then, of course, I run to get some bread when I’ve made my food just a little too spicy!
If you really don’t like spice, eliminate one or both the cayenne and red pepper flakes.
This is enough for three "beef loin tenderloin steaks" from Sam's Club®. I always cut the steaks in half lengthwise to make six steaks. The steak actually comes in a four pack but there is someone in the family (who shall remain nameless) who doesn't like spicy foods, so he gets a plain steak with just pepper!
- 2 tablespoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper (1/4 teaspoon of finely ground pepper can be substituted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients in a shallow dish (I use a Corelle® Pasta Bowl).
- Cover each steak by dipping in the rub, including sides.