Spritz Cookies are associated with Christmas, but I like to have them all through the year!
Since I like to decorate my Spritz Cookies with sugar sprinkles, check out “When My Sugar Walks Down the Street” sung by Ella Fitzgerald.
- 1 cup Land O'Lakes® butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- Colored sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add salt and flour and mix on low speed until dough comes together consistently.
- Using a spritz maker or a Pampered Chef® Easy Accent Decorator (what I use), put small dollops in the shape you choose for the tip about two inches apart on a baking sheet. The cookies will spread as they bake.
- Sprinkle with multicolored sprinkles of your choice.
- Bake until lightly golden for between 7-11 minutes depending on size of cookie.
Adapted from "Mary Engelbreit's Cookies Cookbook."