When did you discover the marvels of fresh spinach? I was 16 and never looked back! I love the flavor of baby spinach and it is marvelous in salads.
Spinach and fruit pair together very well. Instead of using salad dressing, try just adding a few toppings to let the fruit really shine in the salad.
Although I don’t drink tea, I felt the classic standard, “Tea for Two” was appropriate for today’s blog. So take a listen to my favorite version of “Tea for Two” sung by Ella Fitzgerald with Count Basie. Does she just make you want to have a relaxing lunch with a friend enjoying spinach salad?
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 16 raspberries
- 6 strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 6 pecans, toasted
- Divide spinach between two salad bowls.
- Rinse strawberries in a strainer. Slice. Set aside.
- Rinse raspberries.
- Put half of raspberries and half of strawberries on each bed of spinach in the bowls.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon each of Parmesan cheese and feta cheese on each salad.
- Break pecans into pieces. Top each salad with half of the pecans.