Want to try a different kind of salad topper? You can nibble on these while you are eating your salad or crumble them over the top of your salad!
These spicy Parmesan crisps are easy and very tasty! If you aren’t fond of heat, just leave the cayenne pepper out.
So, since this is a salad topper, take a listen to “You’re the Top” sung by Stacy Kent.
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper on six spots spaced three inches apart.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of Parmesan cheese on each cayenne pepper spot.
- Pat each mound down a little but do not spread the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle additional cayenne pepper on each mound if desired.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until edges are browned.
- Remove crisps to a cooling rack.