Who doesn’t love potatoes, especially mashed potatoes? Potatoes are a humble vegetable, yet it is that humility that makes it such a great food to experiment with!
So I put a little garlic and other ingredients in and created smashed potatoes!
Now in thinking about a song to go with smashed potatoes I thought and thought about something with a “smash.” When I failed to come u with one, I thought about mash, then mush, then crush. And that was it! Check out “I’ve Got a Crush on You” sung by Ella Fitzgerald. Plus, it even has “mush” in the lyrics!
- 4 large yellow potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Dash ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cut potatoes into pieces. Put potatoes in a large sauce pan. Cover with water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Drain potatoes. Divide in half. Put each half in medium bowls.
- In a small sauce pan, put 1 tablespoon of butter and chopped garlic. Over high heat, brown garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a microwaveable bowl, put milk and 3 tablespoons butter. Microwave for a minute to a minute and a half.
- Remove from microwave. Stir to melt butter.
- With hand potato masher, mash half of the potatoes in one medium bowl. Pour milk mixture over mashed potatoes. Stir with a large spoon.
- Stir in garlic mixture.
- In the other medium bowl, mash potatoes only partially. Add to first potato mixture. Stir. Put mashed potatoes in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes until top of potatoes is a little crispy.