I admit it. I’ve never tried shrimp tacos before. But I do love shrimp, so I decided that today was the day to try these tacos or wraps!
And they are very light and tasty! They don’t take long to prepare and are a great alternative to beef tacos.
And what is easier than using a wrap rather than a hard taco shell?!
The true delight of these shrimp taco wraps is the special sour cream! By combining a little sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice, you have a perfect pairing with the delicate shrimp!
So if you’re having a hard day–or even a good day–try a shrimp wrap and take a listen to “Wrap Your Troubles in Dreams (And Dream Your Troubles Away)” sung by Frank Sinatra.
- 4 TortillaLand® tortillas
- 1 pound salad shrimp, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Dash onion powder
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 1 cup hot pepper cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, garlic, olive oil, 1½ tablespoon lime juice, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook until shrimp turns pink. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine sour cream, cilantro, and onion powder. Stir in ½ teaspoon lime juice.
- Slice avocado around the middle and twist to separate the top and bottom halves. Discard the pit. Cut each half in half, peel, then slice into thin pieces. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Shred cabbage and then dice it. Cut and chop red pepper.
- In another bowl combine avocado, cabbage, and red pepper.
- Heat up shrimp mixture over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Over medium heat put tortilla on hot frying pan. Cook for 30 seconds on each side.
- Put hot tortilla on a large plate. Divide the cheese into four parts. Put one part on the hot tortilla, spreading around the entire circle.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop out shrimp and place in the middle from one side to the other of the tortilla.
- Put cabbage mixture over shrimp.
- Dabble sour cream mixture over shrimp and cabbage.
- Roll tortilla from one side and tuck it under the shrimp mixture. Seal by pulling the open flap over the inside flap.
- Repeat with remaining three tortillas.