Roasted almonds are great! They taste wonderful right out of your hand and can garnish salads, add chunkiness to cookies, or–my brother’s favorite–can be chopped up in a food processor and put on top of ice cream.
But almonds are also expensive, especially if you want slivered. So I buy my almonds online from Bulk Foods. I love Bulk Foods because I can buy nuts, crystallized ginger, buttermilk powder, oats, almost anything from them and get more for less money. It’s a great place to check out!
For nuts, I keep them in the freezer so they don’t go rancid before I can use them all. Bulk Foods is great to order from, especially around the holidays. Save money on those Christmas ingredients for your special holiday recipes.
- 1 pound slivered almonds from Bulk Foods
- Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Spread almonds in a thin layer over the parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes until just golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow the almonds to completely cool. Store in a sealable bag in the freezer.