Ever want a Sunday dinner in the middle of the week? It perks up the week!
Honestly, this was the most tender and moist chicken I’ve ever made. Really! It was so tasty there were hardly any leftovers. It was that good!
Now this was actually a Sunday dinner this week. But, it doesn’t mean you have to wait for next Sunday! Who says you can’t have roast chicken for a nice weekday evening meal?!
Having a Sunday dinner during the week made me think of “A Sunday Kind of Love” sung by Etta James. Her rendition is classic–just like a roast chicken dinner!
- 5 ½ pound young chicken
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, tied in a bundle
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken. Rinse with cold water inside and out.
- Remove any feathers still on the chicken. Pat dry inside and out.
- Put fresh rosemary sprigs inside chicken.
- Lift the skin and rub butter under the skin.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 75 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165 degrees.