Lately, I’ve been “revisiting” recipes. Making a few changes here and there. Today’s lasagna is another of those revisited recipes!
Even though it’s not even Thanksgiving yet, I can’t help it…I’ve already started listening to Christmas music. So for today’s song, I thought of “Home for the Holidays” since pretty soon we will be revisiting home. And, of course, this version is performed by Perry Como!
If only we all could revisit home today! But a good, down-home recipe is a great substitute for a visit right now!
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 5 ounces Kraft® Shredded Natural Parmesan Cheese
- ¾ cup cottage cheese, 4% fat, small curd
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil, preferably not ground
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, preferably not ground
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 jars Newman’s Own® Tomato and Basil BombolinaTM Pasta Sauce
- 2 pounds mildly seasoned sausage
- Cook lasagna noodles according to directions on box. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. In the bowl, divide the mixture in halves for two layers of the lasagna.
- Cook sausage and drain off grease by letting it cool on paper towels.
- Put ¼ cup of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9” x 13” pan lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Lay three pieces of lasagna pasta lengthwise.
- Put half of the cheese mixture on the three pieces of lasagna pasta. Lay three more pieces of lasagna pasta on the cheese.
- Put half the cooked and cooled sausage on the lasagna pasta pieces. Spoon half of one jar of pasta sauce over the sausage. Lay three more pieces of lasagna pasta over the sausage. Repeat layers until all used.
- Put other half of one jar of pasta sauce over the top. Cover with foil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly and hot.
- Use second jar of pasta sauce to spoon over individual portions if wanted.