Happy Valentine’s Day!
There are a lot of love songs in the world, yet none is quite as appropriate for Valentine’s Day as “My Funny Valentine.” I love the version sung by Ella Fitzgerald. Love really is loving no matter what!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, here’s a lovely red raspberry frosting recipe!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 dabs red food coloring gel
- Decorator sugar
- Cream butter and powdered sugar. Add half-and-half cream. Stir.
- Add raspberry jam. Beat just until completely blended.
- Add dabs of red food coloring and stir.
- For thicker icing, add more powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir after each addition until you have desired consistency.
- For thinner icing, add ¼ teaspoon of half-and-half at a time. Stir after each addition until you have desired consistency.