Puppy chow is so simple yet there are many variations. I like to use natural peanut butter when I make it because it gives the puppy chow a heartier flavor than regular peanut butter.
I specified creamy peanut butter, but you can easily use crunchy peanut butter as well. Depending on how coated you like your puppy chow, adjust the amount of powdered sugar accordingly.
- 1 ¼ cup Nestle® Toll House® semi-sweet morsels (chocolate chips)
- 1 cup Adams® natural creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 cups Crispix® cereal
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- In a large microwaveable bowl, put chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Add butter and peanut butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir.
- As soon as ingredients are smoothly combined, stop microwaving them.
- Add cereal. Stir gently to coat the cereal.
- Put powdered sugar on the mixture and stir gently again to coat the cereal evenly.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Gently stir. Add more powdered sugar if pieces are not completely coated.