Homemade pizza is so tasty…especially when it’s really easy to make!
Today, in between studying, I watched Food Network® and saw an episode of “Secrets of a Restaurant Chef” where Anne Burrell made Grilled Pizzettas with Parmigiano, Prosciutoo and Arugula and with Taleggio and Puttanesca.
I adapted the original recipe which I included below!
- ½ cup warm tap water
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- asiago cheese, chunked into tiny pieces
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- onions, sliced
- red pepper, sliced
- tomatoes, chopped
- black olives, sliced
- hot pepper flakes
- yellow peppers, sliced
- pepperoni, sliced very thinly
- Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Stir together white flour, wheat flour, and salt. Make a well in the middle. Pour yeast mixture and oil in center. Stir with a fork then knead. Let rise for an hour or until double.
- Divide into five parts. Roll into irregular shapes very thin.
- Heat a fry pan up to medium heat. Pan fry crusts on both sides, then set on cookie sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set out toppings everyone likes so that each person makes their own pizza. Start with a cheese.
- Then put other toppings spread around the crust. Top with a little cheese.
- Bake in oven preheated to 425 degrees for 3-7 minutes depending on how crusty you want the pizza. Just make sure the cheese is somewhat melted so it can hold the pizza together!o it can hold the pizza together!