Pie cookies are a wonderful treat! Not only do I get great pie crust but I also get cinnamon-sugar goodness!
- Pie crust trimmed off pie edges
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Do not re-roll the pie dough pieces because they are more tender. Plus they bake up fine irregularly shaped.
- Lay pieces on baking sheet barely touching.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle pie dough pieces with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 5-9 minutes until browned and flaky. If the pieces are thin, use the shorter baking time.