This pecan chicken tenderloin recipe is this tastiest I’ve ever had! The coating is a combination of pecans, sesame seeds, bread crumbs, and spices. The chicken comes out really tender from the oven.
I immediately thought today’s song should be the first jazz song I learned and performed when I was 10 years old: “God Bless the Child.” The third verse has a line that includes “crust of bread,” so naturally, it fits here with this marvelous pecan crust on the chicken! So check out “God Bless the Child” sung by Billie Holiday.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dash Tabasco® Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon honey mustard
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (optional)
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- Prepare two large flat baking sheets by spreading each with 1½ teaspoons of olive. Set aside.
- Put flour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put the eggs, water, Tabasco® Sauce, and mustard in a small bowl and whip with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together pecans, bread crumbs, sesame seeds, basil, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Cut chicken tenderloins into two slivers.
- Set the bowls of flour, egg mixture, and pecan mixture in a row to the left of the slivered chicken tenderloins.
- In assembly line fashion, dredge each tenderloin piece in flour, then the egg mixture then the pecan mixture.
- Place on baking sheets so that they do not touch.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake for 5 minutes. If chicken looks white rather than pink, remove from oven and turn each piece over. Return to oven.
- Bake for 5 more minutes. If crust is crispy and the chicken is cooked, white and moist, remove from oven.
- Serve with Cinnamon Honey Butter.
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, place butter and stir it slightly. Add honey and cinnamon. Stir but leave some butter clumps.
- Serve chilled.