Are you ready for a new “pie” that combines peanut butter and chocolate?
Instead of a pie plate, I prefer using a 9″x13″ pan. Not only is it easier to store and share the pieces, they come out nicer. I will be honest, I’ve always had trouble making that first piece cut out of a pie to look pretty on a serving plate. So skip the round pie and go rectangular!
- 30 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, divded
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups natural creamy peanut butter, oil poured off
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies. Put them in a bowl. Melt 3 tablespoons butter. Pour over crushed chocolate sandwich cookies and stir with a fork.
- Line a 9”x13” pan with parchment paper. Dump chocolate sandwich cookie mixture into pan. Press down onto the bottom with the back of a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add whipped cream and blend together.
- Pour over chocolate sandwich cookie crust.
- Remove from freezer. Holding the parchment paper, lift out of the pan and set on a cutting board.
- Allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into 20 pieces. Line a freezer container with waxed paper.
- Set pieces in layers with waxed paper in between layers.
- Keep frozen and remove for serving a few minutes before.