Do you know what it means when I make chocolate cupcakes? Surely peanut butter will be paired with it somehow. Feeling very creative, I put together a recipe for peanut butter frosting!
I prefer to use natural peanut butter, which is why the frosting appears to have a bit of a gritty texture, however, it is not gritty at all! I suggest making the recipe with the natural peanut butter, but I suppose you could try using non-natural peanut butter.
So the first song I though of in connection with peanut butter frosting is “Little Jack Frost, Get Lost” sung by Marjorie Hughes. The song is more of a winter or Christmas song. Despite being truly summer today, the “frost” part brought this song to mind. It’s somewhat ironic that the song wishes for warmer weather yet right now I wish it were just a bit cooler!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Whip butter and peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, half and half, and vanilla.
- Put in a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe onto cupcakes or cake.