My aunt made this delicious paella–or Spanish rice and stuff–for us for dinner today. I absolutely loved it!
As you’ve probably guessed, I love rice. I always have! Whenever I can, I like to use rice. I’ve never made a rice dish like this one before, but you can be sure I’ll be making this a lot in the future!
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ cups rice
- 2½ cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- ¼-½ teaspoon turmeric (for color so add enough to make rice the yellow color you want)
- ¾ cup baby carrots
- 1½ cups cauliflower
- 1½ cups broccoli
- 2 cups mushrooms
- Cut raw chicken into cubes. Add olive oil to frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and brown.
- Slice red pepper. Chop onion. Chop garlic.
- To cooked chicken, add red pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Stir and sauté until par cooked.
- Add rice, sprinkling turmeric over rice. Toast rice over medium heat until slightly brown like wheat.
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cut carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli into bite size pieces. Slice mushrooms. Add vegetables to frying pan. Add more water if needed.
- Cover. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat to steam vegetables.
- Check to see if rice is completely cooked and vegetables are cooked but not mushy.