Shrimp are just so tasty, aren’t they? Today’s recipe is a very easy shrimp scampi in a garlic butter sauce.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups uncooked shrimp (I buy the Daily Chef® (Sam's Club® brand) of frozen, uncooked, medium shrimp in that is already cleaned and deveined.)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove shrimp from bag and place in a plastic colander. Run cold water over the shrimp for about five minutes until it is thawed. Place colander on a plate and set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the olive oil. Saute the garlic. Add the shrimp and lightly toss while it cooks and goes from grey to pinkish white. This takes a few minutes!
- You can put the shrimp over angel hair or linguine pasta and toss together. Spice up the platter with sprinkles of cajun spices. Then top with parmesan cheese!
- Or you can eat it plain. The shrimp are tender and tasty! No fishy smell either!