Who doesn’t like a good sweet roll? My favorite has always been orange!
But where to find a good orange filling and glaze? There are tons of recipes for cinnamon, but not so many for orange. So here’s what I use!
- Prepare your favorite roll dough that makes 12 sweet rolls.
- 6 tablespoons Land O’ Lakes butter
- 3 - 4 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- Grated orange peel from one large orange
- Over low heat, let butter melt, then add orange juice concentrate. Stir together.
- Add sugar and stir. Let simmer over low heat while making orange zest by grating orange peel into mixture.
- Stir constantly for about 3 minutes over medium heat until all ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth.
- Remove the sauce pan from the burner. Make zest by grating orange into sauce pan. Stir to combine. Let mixture cool before spreading on rolled out dough.
- Roll dough into a log and cut with unflavored dental floss into 12 rolls.
- Let rise until double and bake as you would cinnamon rolls.
- You can use the filling as a topping and put it on the hot rolls. Or you can make a glaze.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Combine together. If too runny, add more powdered sugar. If too dry, add a little bit more orange juice.
- Drizzle over hot rolls.