I know I’ve done many a recipe for pancakes, but really, can you have too many pancake recipes? I think not. This recipe is a variation of a basic wheat pancake recipe. We love to change things up a bit with a heartier pancake for breakfast!
And what’s a pancake without maple syrup? So check out “Maple Leaf Rag” played by Scott Joplin.
- ¼ cup cake flour
- ? cup wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons raw wheat germ
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or Splenda®
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a medium size bowl, combine cake flour, wheat flour, cornmeal, wheat germ and salt.
- In another bowl, put milk, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, egg and oil.
- Stir together with a fork until consistent.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture. Stir just until combined.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat until a droplet of water sizzles on the surface when dropped. Spray with Pam®.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, scoop out and pour batter onto hot frying pan. Turn when bubbles of air pop on the surface of the pancake.
- Turn pancakes and cook until lightly browned.
- Spray frying pan every time before a new batch of pancakes is poured on it.