German Pancakes are a favorite breakfast at the Chaston household. What’s better than a fluffy egg soufflé hot from the oven with syrup to make your day start off perfectly?
- 8 tablespoons Land O' Lakes® butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Set oven rack in the middle.
- Put butter in Baker’s Secret® Signature 9" x 13" Oblong Pan. Melt butter in oven as it preheats. Do not let it burn. Remove when it is melted and set aside.
- Put eggs and milk in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Measure the flour, sugar, and salt into a small bowl and stir together.
- Gently pour flour mixture into blender. Cover and blend batter on high for 30 seconds.
- Pour batter into hot butter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until corners rise high and top is browned.
- Serve immediately while pancakes are puffy. They will sink when you cut into them.
The key to this recipe is a heavy baking pan to let the soufflé rise.